- Doctor of Education, Simon Fraser University, Faculty of Education; Emphasis: Educational Leadership, 2013.
- Master of Education, University of Hawaii at Manoa, College of Education; Major: Educational Administration (Higher Education), 1998.
- Bachelor of Arts, San Francisco State University, Department of Kinesiology; Major: Physical Education, Minor: Athletic Coaching, 1994.
- Associate of Arts, Cabrillo College; Major: Liberal Arts and Sciences, 1992.
- Urban Design, Simon Fraser University, Department of Continuing Studies, 2009.
- University Teaching and Learning, Simon Fraser University, Teaching and Learning Centre, 2008.
- Instructional Skills Workshop, Simon Fraser University, Teaching and Learning Centre, 2007.
- Chow, H., Newton, C., & Ashby, J. (2021). On Your Marks: Coaching in Residency Education. Journal of Graduate Medical Education, p.23. Retrieved from https://meridian.allenpress.com/DocumentLibrary/GMED/ICRE/2021_ICRE_AbstractBook_JGME_final.pdf
- Baerg, J., Johanson, S., Luu, T., Stephen, L, & Ashby, J. (2021). Can you hear me now? Improving communication between physicians and nurses. Canadian Medical Education Journal, 12(4), p. 203.
Retrieved from https://journalhosting.ucalgary.ca/index.php/cmej/article/view/73400
- Newton, C. & J. Ashby, J. (2021). Design sprint: An approach to engaging your team in QI. Canadian Medical Education Journal, 12(4), p. 228. Retrieved from https://journalhosting.ucalgary.ca/index.php/cmej/article/view/73400
- Bryce, J., Shute, B., Beaumont, B., Toh, N., Ashby, J. (2020). Point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) training in University of British Columbia family practice residency: An environmental scan and curriculum recommendations. Canadian Medical Education Journal, 12(1), p. e158. Retrieved from https://journalhosting.ucalgary.ca/index.php/cmej/article/view/72058/54668
- Ashby, J. & Chow, H. (2020). Athletic Coaching: A Model for Residency Education Programs. Journal of Graduate Medical Education, p.052. Retrieved from https://meridian.allenpress.com/DocumentLibrary/GMED/ICRE/2020_ICRE_JGME_FINAL.pdf
- Newton, C. & Ashby, J. (2020). WC-1: Building Gryffindor: Revitalizing the Clinical Education Environment for Engagement & Learning. Canadian Journal Medical Education, 11(2) (pp. e20). Retrieved from: https://journalhosting.ucalgary.ca/index.php/cmej/article/view/70084/53962
- Newton, C. & Ashby, J. (2019). The Ecology of Care: A Review of the Literature in Clinical Learning Environments. MedEdPublish. Retrieved from https://www.mededpublish.org/articles/8-152
- Pizzuti-Ashby, J. (2019). Designing for the Future: The Post-Occupancy Evaluation of the Peter Jones Learning Centre In K. Fisher (Ed.), The Translational Design of Universities: An Evidence-Based Approach. Leiden, Netherlands: Brill.
- Ashby, J. P. & White, L. G. (2016). Dual admissions: A review of British Columbia practices and outcomes. Retrieved from https://www.bccat.ca/pubs/Reports/DualAdmissionsReview2016.pdf
- Pizzuti-Ashby, J. (2014, February). The reading corner: Designing learning spaces for the home. In Proceedings of the Early Years Conference 2014. Paper presented at The Early Years Conference 2014: Shaping Childhood: Factors that Matter, University of British Columbia, 30-2 February (pp. 176-178).
- Pizzuti-Ashby, J. G. (2013). Designing for the future: A post-occupancy evaluation of the Peter Jones Learning Centre. (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from Simon Fraser University Proquest. Record number b6233291.
- Pizzuti-Ashby, J. (2012, June). Learning within the commons: An exploratory study of the transactional relationship between students and their learning environment. In R. Awward-Rafferty & L. C. Manzo (Eds.), Proceedings of the 43rd Annual Conference of the Environmental Design Research Association. Paper presented at the 43rd Annual Conference of the Environmental Design Research Association, Seattle, 30-2 June (pp. 116-121). ISBN 978-1-105-71404-7.
- Zandvliet, D. B., Pizzuti-Ashby, J. G., Ormond, C. G. (2010). Learning Environments Final Report: Learning Environments and Educational Sustainability.
- Zandvliet, D. B., Ormond, C. G., Pizzuti-Ashby, J. G.(2010). Sustainable Educational Ecologies Final Report.
- Pizzuti-Ashby, J. G. & Alary, D.G. (2008). Campus Snapshot: Assessing the Campus Environment through a Student Lens. Abbotsford, BC: University of the Fraser Valley Institutional Research and Planning. Retrieved from ERIC database. (ED507068)
- Ashby, J. P. (2008, April). PNAIRP 2007 Presentation Snapshot. PNAIRP News, pp. 6.
- Brocke, W. & Pizzuti-Ashby, J. (2003). Uplifting Women Farm Workers Report. Penticton Area Women’s Centre & Abbotsford Community Services. Abbotsford, British Columbia.
- 2022 The Birds: Annual Invitational, Smith & Vallee International Art Gallery, WA (Group)