Truth = Perception of one’s reality (when Real is greater than the imaginary)??
A day down the rabbit hole! Fortunately, I have a brilliant life to throw these questions out to!
Questions to my Philosopher King:
1. Does truth exist if there is no other? (Other meaning external validating source)
2. Is truth reliant upon another person’s validation of our perceptions?
3. Does the imaginary always exist (to a greater or lesser extent) in the Real?
4. And sanity (perceived collective of Real?) is when the individual’s Real is greater than the imaginary?
Philosopher King’s response:
take no 1: “other meaning external validating source..
What is the force of “other”? Does it means outside the person? Sure, if the claim is some external fact, e.g., “Trump is a liar” (an easy one). But not if I am claiming that this or that life is really a genuinely fulfilling life for some person. There’s a truth here, I would say, but it’s not outside the person, as in the Trump case.
2. It follows from this that 2 is false.
3. also very hard. What is “imaginary”? In physics, certainly not. But “imaginary” in the sense of derived imagination which allows us to invent/grasp deeper and more revealing paradigm? that we certainly need to understand human beings.
4. On this meaning of “imaginary”, 4 is not true.
My Summary/Follow Up Questions
1. Does truth exist if there is no other? Yes, if it applies to Trump (Tr). Hahaha! Here’s the problem though, if Truth is found within, then what is the validating source to confirm that it is the Truth as opposed to Deception or Delusion?
2. Is truth reliant upon another person’s validation of our perceptions? If the answer to 1 is yes, then 2 is No.
3. Does the imaginary always exist (to a greater or lesser extent) in the Real? Physics, No. Philosophically, Yes.
4. And sanity (perceived collective of Real?) is when the individual’s Real is greater than the imaginary? If the answer to 3 is Yes, then 4 is No.
He’s always right! Love it!